Welcome from the Head of School
Dear Seacoast Charter School Families,
I can honestly say that this is one of the most exciting starts to a school year I have ever experienced throughout my career. The support and positivity at the open house and first week of school have been incredible. I am so appreciative of all the hard work the teachers and staff did to prepare for this year. In addition, I am very thankful for each family that chose to send their children to the Seacoast Charter School. We are at full capacity with over two hundred students on a waiting list.
I am pleased to announce some of our most recent endeavors to improve our school:
- Over one hundred and twenty new computers for the 2017–18 year
- Redesigning the facility to provide more adequate instructional space
- Developing a Capital Improvement Plan for our facility and grounds
- Revised our Emergency Operation Plan
- Installed a new security system, upgraded our emergency lighting, and added to our sprinkler system
- Installing a new water fountain on each of our three floors
During this year we will share more details about these items and all our other projects. It’s hard to believe that only two years ago, SCS was without a site, and now we have a permanent home in Dover with such a bright and exciting future.
We believe that strong connections between home and school provide the most powerful learning possibilities for children. You, our families, are an important part of this community. Your support and involvement enhance the opportunities that we can provide and are essential for your child’s education. Let’s make this quote a reality: “Together may we give our children the roots to grow and the wings to fly.” — Anonymous
Head of School